Monday, June 15, 2015

Rockstar Summer

The Chattanooga River Bend Festival was all last week, and my Rockstar and her Rock Skool helped close the night out with a super performance!


It has been a super busy year of performances for Indiana, and she was starting to become weary of the lessons and gigs. In fact she discussed taking a summer break once River Bend was behind her.

Turns out the concert renewed her enthusiasm, and she is hoping to learn a few new songs on her own.


The crowd was rather large at the show and ALL of the kids did a fantastic job! Her instructor is up to over 50 students now...there were 13 when Indiana started. Amazing. This was a big deal to perform on this stage at this festival and we are looking forward to what the future holds for the Rock Skool.

**********************

Today it will be yet another hot, humid day. I think it is supposed to be 94 degrees and we have not had rain in a week. This means my ponds are starting to look a tiny bit low. Because my back yard grass growth is so impressive, and we don't like mowing, I plan to move ALL of the cows to the yard. This will also ease my mind that they have enough water, since I have plenty of water troughs in back.

We have been working on a hormone shot protocol to get the last three cows ready for artificial breeding. Wednesday they will get another shot, another on Friday and then they will be inseminated on Saturday. If it takes, and I think it will, then I will have 6 cows bred. Three babies will be Angus cross and three will be Guernsey cross. Do I have enough grass to feed all of these cows? I will cross that bridge when I get to it. There are some possible ways to obtain more land with grass and I will see how that plays out for us.

Meanwhile, I am still cranking out wheels of farmstead cheese. I have 3 that are consistently great, but I am trying to find a couple more to add. Blue cheese still alludes me. I had no idea it would be such a difficult cheese to craft, but I have yet to make a decent one.

I hope it's a beautiful day where you are!

Happy Summery Monday Ya'll!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...