Thursday, January 9, 2014

Projects in Progress

We survived the extreme cold and frigid winds! The biggest issue we had was the pulsator on the surge milker. It just didn't want to pulse well. The milk would also start to ice up in the milk line. I am glad I didn't have to milk an entire herd of cows.  Today it will be a balmy 48 and by Saturday it will be in the 60s. That is a southern winter for you!

Today I am busy getting everyone back into a school routine and cleaning up and organizing my projects. I am determined to finish up unfinished projects this year, and I have many.

Of course I have also started a small knitting project that has been quite enjoyable. I am knitting a sky scarf.


The Sky Scarf is one you knit a little each day. You look outside and knit two rows of a color that represents what color the sky happens to be that day. By the end of the year I will have a scarf about 5 feet long and a representation of the year in color.



Although I am a bit of a yarn snob and prefer expensive, high quality yarns, I am knitting with soft and inexpensive yarns for this project. Perhaps next year I will have some handspun yarn ready for a project such as this.

I am following the suggestions of others and keeping this project out in the open and easily accessible. I have placed the yarn in a basket to keep on my end table in the living room.

You can make your own scarf! Check out more info on Leaf Cutter Design.


There may or may not have been a dog photo bombing this morning! Hello Arwen!

Now, most of my projects in progress are quilts that need piecing or quilting. I have a red work that has 12 embroidered blocks that I pulled out last night and started back. I also have a double wedding ring I am piecing in modern Kaffe fabrics. These two will be at the top of my list to finish.

In the midst of this I have farm projects to prepare. The kids wanted to raise the vegetable seedlings this year and I think they will enjoy it! I ordered seeds last night and can't wait for spring to arrive!

What projects are you finishing up?

I hope everyone came through the cold snap! This weekend it will rain here so we will be back in typical wet winter mode.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I love the scarf. Think I will try it. What inexpensive yarn are you using? I don't knit a lot but I think this would be a fun, doable project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using bernat soft and red heart soft. I found yarn on sale at Michaels. :-)

      Delete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...