Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Knock Off Buns

Goodness knows that times flies when you are having fun scrambling to get school work finished and the local politicians call special meetings to vote on certain matters.
I despise politics.( Despise with all my being). I really just want to be left alone on this little farm to raise my kids and my food, BUT I did my part and showed up at that special meeting.

So now I am sitting here at the table while the kids finish up math and I notice that my house is trashed. It might have something to do with seven kids and the coming and going, and I know that later today I will have to wipe down the counters and sweep the floor.

But at this very moment I want to snack on chips and salsa and share with all of you my knock off buns.

I speak of my recipe for cinnabons. My version of the incredibly super sweet, gotta have a cup of coffee to drink too because they are that rich cinnamon buns.

I only bake them twice a year, and sadly I do not have pictures of the process. I think you all can manage though as these are made like any other cinnamon bun, except the dough has a special ingredient.

I have gotten emails from several of you and for that I am grateful. Thank you for your comments, the glimpses into your own lives, and the patience for this recipe.



My Knock Off Buns

Dough:
1 1/2 C water
1 1/2 Tb instant yeast
1 1/2 Tb sugar
1/2 C melted butter
2 eggs
3 1/2 oz box of vanilla pudding, prepared
1 tsp salt
6 C flour (adjust as needed)

*Combine these and knead until you have a soft dough that is not sticky or just slightly sticky.
Using some extra flour sprinkled onto counter, roll dough out into a rectangle that is about 1/2 inch thick.

Spread onto dough:
 1/2 C butter, softened
1 C brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon

*Roll dough up into a log and slice into 1 inch thick slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly and frost.

Frosting:

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 C butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powder sugar
1 Tb milk

Mix well and add more or less milk until desired consistency. Spread onto buns.

Best eaten when they are still warm and with a cup of coffee.




1 comment:

  1. They were delicious! Thanks o so much for posting. For once I didn't have to double/triple a recipe for a dessert! Plenty for all.

    Kayli
    (farmin' w/6kiddos)

    ReplyDelete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...