Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Balance Has Been Restored

It has been a week of getting things back into the groove.

For starters the weather has been fantastic! It has been sunny and in the 60's. 5 days ago it was in the 20's and sleeting outside. You gotta love the South and it's crazy temperature extremes. Tomorrow it will be cooler and 100% chance of rain.
But today we enjoyed the nice weather!


I took the little kids for a walk to check the mail. Rose found herself a walking stick along the way...never mind the fact that it's twice her size!


My two middle girls cleaned the tree house spotless! It looks so great that it makes me sad the rain and wind will get it messy again.


School has been going well, even though we have taken a wee bit slower pace this week. We have been focusing on math and reading with a little less on history. The young kids have amazingly kept themselves busy with building blocks and play dough.

 Earlier today we decided to make a list of every space that needs to be totally deep cleaned. We have given a day for each space, excluding Sundays. The list is hanging up and starting tomorrow we will clean the girls' bedrooms. I left the closets for its own day. We will not only de-clutter and get junk out but the baseboards and doors will be wiped cleaned. I might need to touch up paint in the kitchen and living room when we get to those areas.
This means that I am no longer overwhelmed by the huge amounts of messiness that is within these walls. I know that by March we will be deep cleaned, and I love that idea. Once warm, spring weather arrives in March it is VERY difficult to stay inside:-)

FINALLY, I got word from my AI tech that Lucy went into standing heat late this afternoon! She will be AI'd twice over the next 24 hours and then will be ready to come home!

Ahhhh, balance has been restored to My Barefoot Farm.



Hope your week finds balance!

2 comments:

  1. Crossing fingers and toes here! Hoping for a little heifer calf in November!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is that time of year for a lot of us, it seems, when balance gets restored; when we are rested and ready for spring's new energy. Such a nice post-- and I can definitely relate to the playdough as a diversion for the little ones; that's been a big hit in my house lately too!

    ReplyDelete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...